During the search to obtain the best floral shoots or garden views I am continuously testing new lenses and photo gadgetry. This week I was invited to test the Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM. and here follows my opinion and some photo test samples.
- The Canon EF 50 mm f/1.4 USM is fast, inexpensive, sharp and small.
- The Canon EF 50 mm f/1.4 USM is perfect to work under low light conditions, above all if you posses flash aversion as it is my case.
- The Canon EF 50 mm f/1.4 USM is very popular between professional photographers due to its image quality.
- Optimal sharpeness can be obtained between f/2.8 and f/4.0
- Below f/2.8 you can obtain a sort of a dreamy look if so you desire and still preserve quality.
- It is very useful for travelling and excelent for portraits and full body portraits. I use it mainly for flower and plants portraits as well as for gardens landscape.
- The Canon EF 50 mm f/1.4 USM was introduced in 1993. Its Maximum format size is 35mm full frame.
- Focal length 50mm. Diagonal Angle of view (FF) 47º Diagonal Angle of view (APS-C) 31º.
- Maximum aperture f/1.4 Minimum aperture f/22
- Lens Construction • 7 elements/6 groups 2 high refraction glass elements
Conclusion: strongly recommended.
You can check other test for Canon Lenses at Canon EF 70-200 f/2.8 L USM test
Photo Test Samples: