Chelsea Flower Show Celebrities Zandra Rhodes
Wikipedia Source: Zandra Rhodes, is an English fashion designer.
Rhodes was one of the new wave of British designers who put London at the forefront of the international fashion scene in the 1970s. Her designs are considered clear, creative statements, dramatic but graceful, bold but feminine. Rhodes’ inspiration has been from organic material and nature. Her approach to the construction of garments can be seen in her use of reversed exposed seams and in her use of jeweled safety pins and tears during the punk era.
Rhodes designed for Diana, Princess of Wales, and continues to design for royalty and celebrities. She notably designed several of famous costumes for Freddie Mercury of Queen. She has a strong following in the USA, UK, and Australia. Over the years, she has had many academic and professional honours bestowed upon her and was made a Commander of the British Empire by the Queen in 1997.
Rhodes splits her time between homes in Del Mar and London. The San Diego Opera commissioned her to design the costumes for her first opera, The Magic Flute, in 2001. Rhodes continued her association with the San Diego Opera in 2004 when she designed the set and costumes for Bizet‘s Les pêcheurs de perles. She designed for Verdi‘s Aida at theHouston Grand Opera and English National Opera.
Rhodes also appeared, as herself, in an episode of Absolutely Fabulous during the BBC show’s second season.
Rhodes was a Guest Judge for the first episode of the third season of Project Catwalk.
In November 2009, Zandra Rhodes was appointed Chancellor of the University for the Creative Arts, one of the UK’s newest universities, and only the second to focus specifically on art and design. An official installation ceremony took place in June 2010, accompanied by a fashion show highlighting the best designs from the BA (Hons) Fashion Design and BA (Hons) Fashion Innovation Management courses at the Rochester campus in Medway, Kent – where Rhodes studied, under its former title of the Medway College of Art and BA (Hons) Fashion at Epsom in Surrey.
Zandra also has her very own collection of jewellery.The Zandra Rhodes jewellery includes five separate collections, which are Oriental Whisper collection, Punk Chic Collection, Lovely Lilies collection, Signature collection and Manhattan Lady Collection.
On 7 November 2010 Rhodes appeared on UK Shopping channel bid tv with presenter Peter Simon. (Wikipedia source)
Photos ©VCrown Lifestyle Photographer
Links related to Chelsea Flower Show Celebrities Zandra Rhodes:
- Chelsea Flower Show RBC New Wild Garden
- Chelsea Flower Show A Jury´s Break
- A Walk Through Chelsea
- Hampshire Carnivorous Plants at Chelsea Flower Show
- Chelsea Flower Show Ray Lonsdale Steel Sculpture
- Chelsea Flower Show A Monaco Garden
- Chelsea Flower Show The M&G Garden
- Chelsea Flower Show The Homebase Cornish Memories Garden
- Chelsea Flower Show Lifestyle
- Chelsea Flower Show Portrait of Nell McAndrew
- Chelsea Flower Show and Alan Titchmarsh and the BBC
- Chelsea Flower Show Trailfinders Australian Garden
- Chelsea Flower Show Architectural Heritage
- Chelsea Flower Show Winds of Change
- Chelsea Flower Show the Lands End Across the Pond Garden
- Chelsea Flower Show Chilstone Garden
- Chelsea Flower Show The Power of Nature Urban Garden
- Urban Gardens at Chelsea Flower Show The Magistrates Garden
- Chelsea Flower Show A Beautiful Paradise
- Chelsea Flower Show The B&Q Garden
- Chelsea Flower Show Ringo Starr
- Chelsea Flower Show Helen Mirren