Photo Theme: Botanic Photography
The I Ching Complete, Hexagram by Hexagram with Floral Photography related to each entry.
The Hsü Hexagram
Hsü intimates that, with the sincerity which is declared in it, there will be brilliant success. With firmness there will be good fortune; and it will be advantageous to cross the great stream.
- 1. The first NINE, undivided, shows its subject waiting in the distant border. It will be well for him constantly to maintain (the purpose thus shown), in which case there will be no error.
- 2. The second NINE, undivided, shows its subject waiting on the sand (of the mountain stream). He will (suffer) the small (injury of) being spoken (against), but in the end there will be good fortune.
- 3. The third NINE, undivided, shows its subject in the mud (close by the stream). He thereby invites the approach of injury.
- 4. The fourth SIX, divided, shows its subject waiting in (the place of) blood. But he will get out of the cavern.
- 5. The fifth NINE, undivided, shows its subject waiting amidst the appliances of a feast. Through his firmness and correctness there will be good fortune.
- 6. The topmost SIX, divided, shows its subject entered into the cavern. (But) there are three guests coming, without being urged, (to his help). If he receive them respectfully, there will be good fortune in the end.