Photo Theme: Botanic Photography
The I Ching Complete, Hexagram by Hexagram with Floral Photography related to each entry.
The Sze Hexagram
Sze indicates how, in the case which it supposes, with firmness and correctness, and (a leader of) age and experience, there will be good fortune and no error.
- 1. The first SIX, divided, shows the host going forth according to the rules (for such a movement). If these be not good, there will be evil.
- 2. The second NINE, undivided, shows (the leader) in the midst of the host. There will be good fortune and no error. The king has thrice conveyed to him the orders (of his favour).
- 3. The third SIX, divided, shows how the host may, possibly, have many inefficient leaders. There will be evil.
- 4. The fourth SIX, divided, shows the host in retreat. There is no error.
- 5. The fifth SIX, divided, shows birds in the fields, which it will be advantageous to seize (and destroy). In that case there will be no error. If the oldest son leads the host, and younger men (idly occupy offices assigned to them), however firm and correct he may be, there will be evil.
- 6. The topmost SIX, divided, shows the great ruler delivering his charges, (appointing some) to be rulers of states, and others to undertake the headship of clans; but small men should not be employed (in such positions).