Paris to San Francisco and how to entertain yourself with a camera.
11 and 20 minutes flight: Paris to San Francisco and how to entertain yourself with a camera.
1. Landing at Paris Charles de Gaulle airport. It is 09:05 am and an outside temperature of -5º centigrade, 23º Fahrenheit.
2. Flight to San Francisco leaves at 10:40 am. An hour to walk around…impressed with Charles de Gaulle shops: Dior, French Design, style, everywhere there is a clasic french touch,,,a patisserie coloured in green fascinates me…not allowed to photograph,,,very french as well but love it.
So time for a petit déjeuner of oysters and beer…not bad, not bad.
3. Boarding ready for Air France Flight 084 to San Francisco. First time I flight Air France and must tell wont be the last. Excellent service. Once seated I read the onboard menu: Meal Service.
Meal Service Menu:
- Pearl past with quinoa trio, smoked salmon.
- Hoki fish, lobster sauce, mashed potatoes, spinach and tomatoes.
- Camembert cheese.
- Mandarin orange.
- Chocolate éclair
4. 9 hours to go a fly over the Bay Area before landing at SF International Airport. I check the online entertaintment screen: games, movies, french movies, tv series, documentaries et multiple choice gadgetry…so many options to fool your mind,,,it gets on my nerves.
5. I choose a documentary about Jean-Michel Basquiat so interesting that i decide to photograph frames coming out of my co traveller´s seat. From Basquiat I move to Hopper and again fascination emerges and I shoot while my norwegian co traveller spams and snores like a Viking. The night entertainment experience is a combo of Basquiat, Hooper and the Viking.
6. Dinner service arrives: Tabbouleh; leek quiche; cucumbers; fresh cheese; apple crumble and coffee.
7. Finally I see land, I see a bridge, I see San Francisco. The Boeing 777 turns around, dont know if does it to prepare landing or to salute, in any case both thinks occur. One day gone and happy to be back to San Francisco.
You can follow VCrown at: